Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Random Thoughts Tuesday


Random Tuesday Thoughts was started by the Un-Mom .  Give her a visit!

Why does having a puppy around turn two older dogs into puppies?  The 3 of them run around and chase each other like, well, puppies!

Why do my dogs, particularly Sassy, chew the "tough" toys to bits in almost no time flat?

Why can't I get my eating under control so my workouts will do what they are supposed to?

Why can't I get caught up on laundry? or house work?  or dishes?

Why do I bother cooking when I know I'll have comments like "Is there anything I LIKE on the table?" or "Chicken again?" or "Why do we have to have this? or that?" "Why can't you make something I want to eat?" or something along those lines.  It's depressing to cook for this family.  Yet I do it every day.  Eating together as a family is supposed to lead to lower obesity rates, higher grades, less risk of doing drugs, less risk of smoking, drinking, having sex, etc. as teens, happier kids.
So why does my 3rd grader "hate his life"?  Because I cook crap he doesn't want to eat, I guess.

Why is it that I pick up all the dog toys and put them in their basket and by the next day they are all out again?

Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

Ok, obviously, it's time to quit.  Have a great Tuesday.

2 comments:

McGillicutty said...

ok the cooking thing.. I know!!!! I feel the same way. I told them once I was giving up and not cooking dinner anymore.. there's no point!!! wtf don't I just take it out of the fridge and throw it in the garbage.
sorry to rant!!!

rxBambi said...

hee hee this did sound a bit more like a rant and rant than a random tuesday. But look on the bright side: you got to work out with me this morning. and your 3 puppies are adorable. and you're adorable. and I love ya lots.