Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Random Thoughts Tuesday

It's Random Thoughts Tuesday thanks to the Un-Mom! Check her out for lots more links to random thoughts!



  • I'm supposed to be cleaning my room.  (DH doesn't want to trip on anything during the night.  It's a problem now that he's "older").  
  • BTW, today is my DH's 42 birthday.  I should bake a cake!  (I'll probably just go buy one.  He won't eat it anyway).
  • I volunteered in the workroom at my kid's school today.  What is it about me or my kids that makes me so recognizable?  This woman in the workroom was talking to me and asking questions about my kid like we knew each other.  I don't know who she is.  This happens to me a lot.  People will know my name and I have no idea who they are!  Maybe I've just forgotten them.  Maybe I'm getting too old! (I'm only 43) Maybe I should go see Dr. Grumpy!
  • My sweet Ginger is not so sweet to people she doesn't know.  I paid a trainer to come to my house and tell me what I already know.  I have to be consistent!  I have to be the pack leader.  I have to insist that she listen to me.  I have to work with her and not just send her out and hope no one will walk by.  
  • Most of the things the trainer told me about the dogs are the same things I've been told about my kids.  I have to be consistent!  I have to be the MOM (i.e. pack leader).  I have to insist that they listen to me and when they don't, I have to follow through with the threatened punishment.  I can't let them treat me like a door mat.  Grrrr.  I'm working on it.
  • My feet are cold.  My shoes are wet because I went out with Ginger in the rain just in case someone walked by.  Someone did.  So I was able to get Ginger to sit while the person walked by.  But Sassy barked her ass off!  Good thing for them I love dogs.
  • I made it to my "Finding Inner Peace" class last night.  But I hadn't done the homework since I missed the last two classes.  So, no, I've not found my inner peace or my dharma yet.  Still looking.
  • I need a good mantra too.
  • I'd better go clean my room.  That's the least I can do on DH's birthday.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I have a few more rooms that need cleaning when you are done! lol