Friday, August 28, 2009

The Indignity of it All



Hello blogosphere friends.  Sassy here.  You will not believe what happened to me today.  I was minding my own business when Barb got home and offered to take us for a walk.  We were so excited.  All 3 of us got our leashes on and set out on one of our normal walk routes through the neighborhood.  But then Barb took a new direction.  The direction that leads out of the neighborhood.  Well, that's fine.  It's fun to go to new places, smell new smells, see new sights.  We walked happily along for not too long a stretch when we came to the big road.  We had to wait for the light to cross, and I got really spooked when a big, loud truck went by.  After we crossed the street, we went into a wonderful smelling place.

I realized right away that this place smelled familiar.  I'd been there before, but it had been quite awhile.  We walked past some amazing smelling treats and toys, for we were in a pet store!  They've got cool beds, and silly-looking coats.  All kinds of stuff for me to check out.  They even have dried pig esophagus chews!  Really.  They keep them right next to the pig ears.  Just as I was starting to get really happy about where we were, we went into the back room.  You won't believe what they have in the back room!  Bathtubs!!!!!  Oh, the horror!!

See, Happy Gilmore, my foster-brother, had a bit of an accident in his kennel.  Barb thinks he's doing it on purpose.  Anyway, he needed a bath.  So I got my leash tied (can you believe it! Tied!) to a bathtub.  This place is a "bathe-your-own-dog" place.  So Barb put Happy into the tub.  He didn't seem to mind too much.  I thought we'd leave when Happy was done.  But no. Barb put Ginger into the tub.  It was pretty funny watching Barb struggle to get Ginger in there when she obviously didn't want to.  But Barb won and Ginger got her bath.   Then, well, you guessed it, Barb put me, Queen Sassy, into that tub.  I was not a happy camper.  

Of course, I'm a lady, so I let her do it.  And I guess I'd have to admit that my coat is nice and silky looking.  And I haven't had a bath in quite a while.  I don't smell bad, mind you.  But I guess I can use a bath once or twice a year.  The nice lady there gave Barb some doggy cannoli treats since we were all so good for our baths.   So, all in all, it wasn't that bad.  But I'm still unhappy about the bath.
Thanks for stopping by today.  
Love, 
Sassy

3 comments:

Mike said...

Barb, if I come to your house wearing a leash, will you bathe me? HAHA!

rxBambi said...

OMG Otin is a NUT! He probably needs a bath as bad as you Sassy! But you both seem like you like lots of affection.
Glad you made it thru your bath. Stinking brothers! They cause all kinds of problems!

Goose said...

was that 4 Muddy Paws? I need to check that place out, even though I don't have a dog. BTW, I love when your dogs post!!!