Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Random Tuesday

Hey All.  Thanks for stopping by.  I thought I'd join Keely in a little randomness.  I haven't been playing much lately.  Go check her out, she's always worth a visit!

I hate bulging!  Especially when it involves the disks in my neck.  There is pain.  And maybe worse than the pain (or maybe not) is the crunching sound.  Bone on bone crunching coming from the inside.  and very near by ears.  Yuck.  I hate that sound.

Pain can be a real downer.  Not that it's excrutiating, super bad, but it's bad enough.  So the doc has referred me to the pain doc.  And he can see me.  IN TWO WEEKS.  So I called the doc back and he gave me some pain meds.  Alot of good that does me.  I have to get up in front of a class of undergrads every day and talk about biology.  Wouldn't be a pretty picture if I was high on tramadol.  So I can only take it at night.

On a good note, I picked up some nice veggies from the "hippie farm" (as my kids call it.  it's a co op).  But now what do I do with the kolrabi?  And there's only one small eggplant this week.  What does one do with one tiny eggplant?  My favorite is the spicy salad mix.  Some of the whimpier share holders complained it was too spicy.  It's got like mustard greens and some other stuff that has a bit of a bite to it.  So now it's separate from the non-spicy salad mix.  That's fine.  I just mix it together.
This was our last pick-up of the season.  I'm gonna buy another share for next year.  (if I can get hubby to agree)  It's worth the 20 miles every other week to get organic "hippy-grown" produce.  (they aren't really hippies.  just have that long hair, non-arm-pit-shaving, tree-hugging air about them.  but they are really nice people.)  Plus, I've tried some new produce this year.  Have you ever eaten ground cherries?

maybe I'll take a pain pill while I'm eating my hippy-farm food tonight!

Mexican jumping beans.  My 2 younger boys are begging for them.  And the youngest one doesn't even know what they are.  He just wants them.  But these two are always at each other's throats.  Fighting and whining and yelling and complaining.  So I told them if they could go a week without fighting, I'd buy them.  We have started our week over every day since then.  Boys.

I wonder if pugs are known for emptying their anal glands at odd and inopportune moments?  If you've ever been around anal gland juice, you know what I'm talking about.  I mean, yes.  If you scare a dog or get them really upset, it might happen.  But it just comes out of Chili's butt sometimes for no reason.  Geesh that stuff smells bad.

K.  Well.  My neck hurts, I have produce to put away (wonder what I should do with my tomatillos?), the dishwasher needs to be emptied and refilled, the washer and dryer both need to be emptied and filled, (kid just walked in and asked for a snowboard?).  So thanks so much for stopping by!!
Barb

4 comments:

VandyJ said...

Boys and fighting, I can only wait--although I have had some hints of what's to come.

Coffeypot said...

I've watched my stepdaughter, Dr. Amber, drain those glands when the were stopped up. How she can do that is beyond me. And they do stink.

Unknown said...

Heh, girls can be just as bad at fighting! Trust me, I've got two daughters. Of course, it doesn't tend to be the physical fights that I've seen from brothers, but it's no fun either way.

And ewwwwww anal glands. Thank goodness our dogs seem to not need them expressed more than a time or two a year!

Mimi said...

My boys are past most of that now.

I hope you feel better soon!

Mimi