Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hope

Yeah!  I have a follower!  Of course, it's my sister so she has to follow my blog. :)
Yesterday the kids were home from school for Veterans day.  So I took them and one spare kid to work at an animal rescue called Hope Rescues in Alton, IL.  I love that place.  The 2 co-founders are the sweetest ladies.  They care about those animals and do everything in their power to save them from the gas chamber or other horrible fates.  Anyway, the boys and I went to clean out litter boxes, scoop up dog poop, wash feeding bowls, feed animals, and love on animals.  My youngest especially enjoyed playing with the kittens.  And I was really proud of my oldest for cleaning up poop without complaining.  
I was sad yesterday to learn that Hope has a hard time adopting out their cats.  It's just that people don't want cats as often as they want dogs and most of the cats end up spending a lot of time there.  Not that it's so bad there, but they are in cages a lot of the time.  I'd love to be able to adopt one or at least foster one or two.  But I'm not sure what Spooky would think of it.  And our house is already a zoo (1 husband, 3 boys, 2 dogs, 1 cat, 1 leopard gecko, and 2 fish).  So, if there is anyone out there that is looking for a great cat, please consider adopting one.  And if you are close to Alton, IL, please get one from Hope Rescues!  (www.hoperescues.com).
And remind your friends to spay and neuter!

No comments: