Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sassy Sunday (6-19-11) Father's Day

Hi, Everyone.  Sassy here.  Yes, it has been way too long since I did a Sassy Sunday post.  But with the end of the semester and the beginning of the summer, we've been busy, busy bitches! (that includes Barb, Ginger, Chili and me, BTW).
So.  I've been busy trying to rest my leg (I've got a torn CCL) and lose weight, sigh.  Chili has been busy annoying Ginger and me, mostly Ginger, since our foster dog Miss Piggy found a home.  Chili even got to see Miss Piggy (who is now called "Sugar") the other day.  Her new mom takes her to Doggy Daycare on Tuesdays and Thursdays so Barb took the kids and Chili up to say hello.  I didn't get to go, hmph!

Anyway, today is Father's Day so I thought I'd tell you about my wonderful father!
He teaches at an establishment of higher learning.  But that's not what makes him so great.  He's great because when he gets home from being anywhere, he always takes time to say hello to me and the other dogs.  He pats me on the head and makes a comment about my pretty smile.  I love it when he comes home.  Usually my tail beats against the couch and he comes over to see me.

He's good with the other dogs too.  I've heard him tell Ginger that she's a pretty girl.  He's even said it to Chili but I can't believe he means it!  Chili always picks up a toy and brings it to him when he comes home.  He dutifully takes the toy from Chili and promptly gives it back to her (which is what she wants him to do.  I think it's a pretty dumb game, but it makes Chili happy so he does it.)

Let's see.  What else does my daddy to for me and the other dogs?   He doesn't fuss at Barb for buying the expensive dog food.  He gives me nibbles of his raw vegetables whenever he is chopping up stuff to cook. (My favorites are carrots, celery, brussels sprouts, broccoli, tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, cabbage, swiss chard, apples, cherries, etc.)  He lets me sit on the recliner with him.  He takes me for walks.  He lets me out when I want to go out and he lets me in when I want to come in.  He lets me sit on the deck and watch him at the grill.  He lets me sit under the table when the family sits down to eat.  He speaks kindly to me and gives me all the love and attention a queen of my stature deserves.  I just love my dad.  I hope you all have wonderful dads (and/or moms) in your lives too!

Until next time,
Sassy

No comments: