Friday, April 17, 2009

As soon as the dogs went out for their morning business, Spooky came down to watch for them out the window.  He's been coming down to the main floor of the house a lot more lately.  I really think he is beginning to feel a part of the family.  He spent the whole first year here in the basement.  Most of that was behind the couch.  Then he discovered the bedroom upstairs and claimed the space under my bed.  Now he pretty much roams the house.  The dogs still chase him, so he has to sneak around.  But if they come near him when he's in the bedroom, he'll come flying out from under the bed and attack.
I guess he's better off now than when he was living in the storm drains in Alabama.  I'd like to let him outside, but he's such a fraidy-cat that I'm afraid if he ran away no one would be able to catch him.  Then if animal control got a hold of him they'd assume he was feral since he'd be freaking out.
Anyway, he's a beautiful boy and I'm glad he's a part of our family.  I just wish I could get him to stop digging his claws into my back or head when I'm asleep so I'll wake up and give him some love and attention.

1 comment:

Sky McCracken said...

Feral cat turned domestic!