Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sassy Sunday 6/24/12

Sassy

 Hello Everyone.  Happy Sassy Sunday!  I've been out to the garden recently to see if any of my favorite snack foods were ready for the picking.  And guess what we found.  Tomatoes!  Little ones, but they were really good.  I had to share with the family.  And with Chili.  But I got to eat mine right there at the garden fence.  (Barb put a fence around the garden to keep out the deer, rabbits, and Sassys that might want to eat the veggies.)

Almost Ready
Ready!
I love the garden.  I got to eat some peas the other day too.  And soon we'll have some cucumbers.  I've got a great gig here.
I don't remember much about my puppyhood.  I know that I was living with a real nice family in Birmingham, AL.  They got me because they were told I was a Chihuahua mix and the dad in the family had allergies but was able to tolerate the other Chihuahua mix in the house.  (Barb says if there is any Chihuahua in me, I must have eaten one.  But that's beside the point).

Anyway, it only lasted a few months and they knew they'd have to find me a new home.  The dad was just miserable with allergies to me.  The family was sad but they sent me to live with the dad's secretary.  I liked her, but her dog didn't like me.  So that didn't last long.  An older couple living nearby offered to take me in.  But they didn't realize how much work a puppy can be and I was just too much for them.  I'm not sure how much time I actually spent in any of these homes.  It's all a blur.  But I was only 9 months old when I went to live with the older couple.

When they realized they couldn't keep me, they let the original family know. (the allergy dad)  They were very worried for me.  Especially the little girl in the family.  So the mom talked to one of her employees.  He and his family were about to move to Illinois to start a new job.  They only had a month left in Alabama.  Would they consider giving this little dog a new home?  Would Ginger, their 1.5 year old dog, let a new puppy into the house?  They were willing to give me a try. 

I went with the older lady to a grocery store parking lot to meet my new family.  They had 3 boys and a beautiful reddish-gold dog named Ginger.  Everyone got out of the car to meet me.  They loved me right away and I got into that car with them.  I remember being confused but I felt safe and happy with them.  They didn't get too mad at me when I had an accident (or two, or three) on the carpet.  They were very busy trying to get packed up to leave, but they were kind and loving to me and I felt a part of the family in no time.

They were also in the process of getting another pet to take to Illinois.  Our cat, Spooky, had been a stray in the neighborhood.  But that's another story.  :)

Anyway, I moved with the family to Illinois and I have been a part of this happy home since then.  Gosh, it's been about 6 years!  That would make me about 7 years old.  I got a birthday card in the mail recently from the vet's office.  Barb thought it was funny since she doesn't really know when my birthday is.  She just guessed based on the fact I was about 9 months old when I came to live with them.  It's starting to show in my face a little.  I've got a few more gray hairs around my eyes and mouth.  But all in all, I think I look good. :)  Next time Barb gets a good picture of my face, I'll post it for you.

Well, the story continues but that's about enough for now.  Thanks for stopping by!  I'm gonna hook up with the blog hop that you can find over at Life with Dogs.  Link up and play along if you like!

Sassy

6 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

You better not get caught snacking
Benny & Lily

Tweedles -- that's me said...

What a life you have had!
love
tweedles

Jans Funny Farm said...

How sad it took several homes to find your family. But we're sure glad you did!

Unknown said...

Hi Barb!

It's me again, Tammy the Marketing Coordinator at The Uncommon Dog. We just finished another informative info-graphic that I thought you might be interested in. It's titled "How Dogs Became Our Best Friends!".

If you love dogs, like we do, then you'll love this story. Recent scientific breakthroughs have increased our understanding about how dogs have come to play such an integral part of our daily lives. This fun and engaging info-graphic tells that story in a way that we hope makes it accessible and interesting to everyone.

If you would like to share this info-graphic with your readers, please feel free to do so. You can find the info-graphic here: http://www.theuncommondog.com/how-dogs-became-our-best-friends.aspx Again, all we ask in return is that you link back to TheUncommonDog.com, in some way, from your post.

Also, definitely let me know if you do decide to post it because we'd be happy to spread the word again about the blog post by linking to it from our Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ pages.

If you'd like your e-mail removed from our mailing list, please let us know.

Big Tail Wag!
Tammy Sexton
Marketing Coordinator

Unknown said...

Hi Barb!

My name is Tammy. I'm leaving you this comment on your blog because I could not find another way to contact you. I hope this is Ok.

I thought you might be interested in our latest infographic "8 Tips To Keep Your Dog Safe and Stress-Free this Halloween". You can view it at Flickr.com: http://www.flickr.com/photos/106131018@N08/10406281936/. FYI (in case you're not familiar) Flickr.com is owned by Yahoo!. It's a very safe site and won't hurt your computer. To download the infographic right click on it and Flickr will show you some options.

If you like this infographic and want to share it with your readers, please feel free to do so. The only thing that we ask in return is that you link back to TheUncommonDog dot com in some way from your post.

As a way of showing our appreciation to those who choose to share the infographic, I'd be happy to spread the word about the blog post by linking to it from our Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ pages. Just let me know that you posted it and send me the link.

If you'd like to be removed from our contact list, please let me know.

Big Tail Wag!
Tammy Sexton
Marketing Coordinator
Tammy at TheUncommonDog dot com

Unknown said...

Hi Barb!


My name is Tammy. I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog. I just wasn't sure how else to reach you. I sincerely apologize if this comes across as spam, that is not the intent. With Christmas just around the corner, I thought you might be interested in our latest infographic "Are You A Doggie for Christmas Kind of Mom?". You can view it at Flickr.com: http://www.flickr.com/photos/106131018@N08/11241972855/ (Preview) . FYI (in case you're not familiar) Flickr.com is owned by Yahoo!. It's a very safe site and won't hurt your computer. To download the infographic right click on it and Flickr will show you some options.

If you like this infographic and want to share it with your readers, please feel free to do so. The only thing that we ask in return is that you link back to TheUncommonDog dot com in some way from your post.

As a way of showing our appreciation to those who choose to share the infographic, I'd be happy to spread the word about the blog post by linking to it from our Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ pages. Just let me know that you posted it and send me the link.

If you'd like to be removed from our contact list, please let me know.

Happy Holidays!
Tammy Sexton
Marketing Coordinator
Tammy at TheUncommonDog dot com